Thread: Drz400 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #15691
dasvis
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by luni View Post
I hadn't realized people were anxiously awaiting it's arrival for the last 4 YEARS(!). I was looking around for a bigger adventure tourer. Yes, I could do a couple hundred miles a day on a DRZ, yes I could carry a passenger, yes I could load up luggage, but I didn't actually LIKE doing any of those things on the DRZ and that was the problem. I read every review on the Tiger 800 XC and the F800, I briefly skimmed the 1200cc's saw the price tags and forgot about them, then I looked at the 2012 Suzukis, looked at the new Wee and the new Vee and the new Vee led me back to the ST which was "too big" when I was looking at 800s initially. I came to the conclusion that the 800s were trying to be more dirt bikes than road bikes and, in my opinion, wouldn't really do either particularly well and I already have a good dirt bike/bad street bike, what I really needed was a good street bike/bad dirt bike. After doing a little homework, I determined that I was getting a great street bike and a fairly competent dirt bike. After owning it for a week with 500 miles of commuting, a little dirt road, and a day trip it definitely fits the bill and after I set it up for me it'll be exactly what I was looking for.

In my opinion, it's a perfect compliment for the DRZ.
If you don't mind me asking, how much was it out the door?

2009 Suzuki DRZ400S
dasvis is offline   Reply With Quote