View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #77
betitolara OP
ADV rider wannabe

Oddometer: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by squonker View Post
What a fantastic ride report! Your photos are spectacular, the black and white ones especially so.
Gracias! I've been reading your Northern Vancouver Island report these days... very good stuff! thanks for sharing ... Naomi and I enjoy our 'morning tea' ritual too but we're not as hardcore as you to have it throughout the day... we may be missing big time though...

Here's a few of B&W shots that I didn't post. Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerbuck View Post
Great report, it helps to have the good weather to go along with the riding... What a great part of the province, so different than what's on the coast and so little travelled that the regions remains a last frontier...
So true! BC is HUGE and there are many more places in our bucket list to visit in the future... The vistas and roads are as good as the ones we saw and rode down in the Andes... IMHO
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_337 View Post
AWESOME!!
Nice RR.
Labor day week can't come soon enough for me. I can hardly wait for my ride in the area. I almost took the Pavillion road last year from Kelly Lake. Now I wish I had. Thanks for the description. It will happen this year. I guess I will be ending my ride up there just as the next big BC Trailride will follow right after labor day weekend (over 100 people signed up!?!)

BTW: If you practice good camp etiqutte, regading food, cooking and storage, you should never have any problems with bears. I also carry a road flare along with my bear spray... if I have a problem bear that won't leave, the idea would be to light the flare and blind them a bit. They can't see very well to begin with. In all my advenutres up north, I've only had one bear(s) in camp (a mom with 2 cubs). They wouldn't leave when we made noise, but ran when I used my headlamp with the flashing mode enabled.
Yep, we don't keep any foods nor scented products (toiletries, etc) in our tent when we are in bear country. They all go in one of our Pelican cases. If a bear wants to destroy the case, that's okay... they are cheap .
We also have two small super bright LED flashlights with the 'strobe' setting that would even scare & confuse an alien...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTim View Post
You were correct when you said you don't have to leave BC to have an amazing trip. Great report with even better photos.
One of the few times I'm right...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry_88 View Post
Hi guys,
Been following your trips since the last one down south, truly amazing, even with the engine issue. My wife and I live in Edmonton and ride BMW as well, we just finished a 7300km trip though southern BC, Washington, Idaho and Montana. Your latest trip has given an idea for the Sept long weekend, Barkerville here we come again, this time the fun way, gravel roads please.

I have one question for you, what is the size of the seal line duffle bag and where did you get them from?

Thanks

Garry and Josée
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=808349

http://www.gajo.smumug.com
Dirt roads is definitely the way to go
The SealLine duffle bags are 40 L. and we got them @ Ocean River Sports in Victoria.
Cheers guys
Alberto.
betitolara is offline   Reply With Quote