View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #39
ajayhawkfan OP
Rock Chalk

Oddometer: 4,384
I did arrive with enough time to introduce myself to Ian Schmeisser (Visian), chief brain of the GS Giant. After introductions I went to set up my camp. Most everyone camped along the drought lowered Mulberry River near Oark, Arkansas.

I had a couple of problems with camping. 1. Daytime temperatures were over 100 degrees, having camped many times in weather like that in the past I knew sleeping would not come easily to me. 2. In order to attend the Gypsy Tour I needed to be able to make some business calls and connect to the internet in the morning and in that area where they were camping had no cell coverage. I ended up roughing it in a cabin about 10 miles away at Mulberry Mountain Lodge.

Having AC and comfortable bed made my nights very comfortable. In addition the owners of the lodge shuttled me between the cabin and the campground at dinner so I could enjoy a few beers and not worry about getting back to the cabin.

After I clean up in the little cabin I got dropped off at the campground around 6:00 to meet a lot of great people.

That evening we were served BBQ with all the right trimmings.

Photos by Visian

That night there was a lot of BS and beer.

Picture's by Visian

This meet and greet with food and beer went on late into the night and everyone had a good time.

The three day Gypsy Tour got off to a great start.

To the other GS Giants. Please don't hesitate to add your stories or pictures.

Texas Hill Country Badlands and Black Hills Riding the T.W.A.T Photos

ajayhawkfan screwed with this post 08-13-2012 at 06:19 PM
ajayhawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote