View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 06:35 AM   #19
Timmy64
n00b

Oddometer: 8
We have something in common.

Last month I bought a new 2011 (they did not make any 2012s) V-Star 650 Custom. I have about 800 miles on it so far.

When I took in in for its 600 mile service, My wife and I fell in love with this new 2009 Zuma 125 that was on on the floor. I asked them about it and they said that they took it out of the crate and assembled it back in the summer of 2010, but for some reason, it had not sold. They made us a good deal on it, so we bought it. It was manufactured in May of 2009, so it should not have any fuel pump issues like some earlier made ones have had. I had never ridden a scooter before and I was grinning from ear to ear as I rode it home. It has 325 miles on it and about 75 percent of those are with both me and my wife riding it. For a little 125cc scooter, I'm amazed at how easily it runs with our 300 pounds on it.

The only thing I have done to it is put some mirrors from a Yamaha C3 scooter on it. They only cost about $12 dollars apiece at the dealership and they work and look a hell of a lot better than those lollypop round ones that come stock do. Next up is a luggage rack and that's about all I'm going to do to anytime soon.

I can't believe that I'm saying this, but the Zuma is a way more fun to ride around town than the V Star 650. I need something for highway riding so the V Star is going to stay in our garage, but for around town riding, I'll almost always grab the key for the Zuma.

This is what I sing to my wife before we go on a ride on the Zuma: ( Sung like the theme to The King of Queens TV show )
"
Baby. Baby all I want to do........is get the Zuma and take a scoot with you".
Timmy64 is offline   Reply With Quote