View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #2134
ABYSS
KTM

Oddometer: 1,198
it didnt happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonat View Post
Just got back from 10 days in Taylor park.......FREAKIN AWSOME!!!..... My 500 EXC ran flawless the whole time! Serious improvement over my last trip to the single track trails up in the U.P. of Michigan. Put the JD tuner on and bumped the tps to .640 not a single stall or flameout! Put on a FMF muffler and this thing pulls like a D8 catapillar tractor. Did lots of single track trails every morning till we couldnt stand up on the pegs anymore Getting old I guess, but the quad trails and jeep roads are fun too, especially when you can see no one is coming and can open er up. A word of advise to anyone going there....... GET A GOOD SKID PLATE! you will need it. My Enduro Engineering plate came home with several potential case cracking dents. Also have rain proof riding pants and a good coat of Rain X on your goggles. After a rain too the clay trails become grease. No 1 aked to see a Colorado off road sticker......and the police dont seem to mind plateless bikes riding into Crested Butte on the roads as long as you ride sanely. And dont forget a stop at The Secret Stash pzza place....... expect a 2 hour wait......but worth it! 1 more thing... if you like to trout fish.... There are monster fish in Taylor River all along the road up to the dam. I also recommend Cement Creek camp ground and the Mirror Lake camp ground above Tin Cup. Cant wait till next summer to go again!!! "Keep the seat side up" Davo
unless there is a ride report with pics!
ABYSS is offline   Reply With Quote