View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #70
rowdymoose
Carpe Diem-seize the carp

Oddometer: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo View Post
I don't own one of these bikes but I like them and have been following this thread. My concern riding this bike on an extended ride is the small gas tank compounded by the fact the seat has to be lifted up to add fuel. I realize it's capable of getting good mpg but what about when it's loaded down with bags, luggage strapped on the seat, and ridden at higher speeds? Just wondering if you've considered utilizing some of the faux tank and plumbing it for auxillary fuel?
I'll post the same here as I did in another thread...I welcome a few extra minutes when I stop for gas...gives me a chance to stretch my legs, etc. Having to undo a few straps, IF it was necessary wouldn't be a deterrent for me...which is why I didn't hesitate to buy one a couple weeks ago. I plan on getting a top case, and possible side bags/panniers. These combined w/ the front storage, I don't see the rear fuel tank filling ever being a real issue...but time will tell for owners as more of us do some long distance touring/trips.