View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 11:13 PM   #80
betitolara OP
ADV rider wannabe

Oddometer: 783
Day 9 (21km): So close and yet so far

The last and unplanned day of our trip. We had hoped to be home, done and dusted yesterday but it wasn't meant to be I guess. My aunt and uncle had put us up for the night but now it was time to go home. We had both reached that point.

Emergency camping spot: Uncle Rob's front yard

First thing in the morning we called BMW roadside assistance. I'm glad we have it, but last time I checked I didn't buy a Harley; I had never expected to us this service so often. The tow truck came promptly and we said goodbye to Alberto's bike as it was taken off to Island BMW. His rear wheel is a mess, and it's scary to think of what could have happened last night as we drove down the highway.

Bike luggage goes home, bike goes to ER

Glad I have the rolling cases! I knew one day they would come in handy!

Towing time

Even rolling the bike was scary.... the rear wheel was wobbling like a drunk andean campesino on a Monday morning

We packed a bunch of his stuff onto my bike, and he carried the rest. I left my aunt and uncle's house riding solo, a weird and unfamiliar feeling. Thankfully my uncle was able to drive Alberto and his stuff to the ferry. It all worked out in a sense because we both made it home safe and sound, just the garage has an empty F800GS sized space.

Heart broken.... the honeymoon is over after 2 yrs... this relationship has fallen apart

It's sad when your bike doesn't make it home, but it is hard to complain when you are safe and we really had an enjoyable road trip. Now... where's the nearest KTM dealer?

Naomi rides home alone... weird feeling not following behind her

betitolara screwed with this post 08-15-2012 at 11:32 PM
betitolara is offline   Reply With Quote