View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #54
soboy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabears View Post
500cc, 500 lbs, and from most angles looks like a full size bike...yes I would expect that there is little difference between drivers perception of a full size bike and your scooter.

I believe if you rode my little 30 year old Vespa on your same Atlanta roads your experience might be different. I know mine has been. I'm not new to this either- I've been riding since 1972.
I agree 100%. I do not get the same respect from cages on my Agility 125 as I do on the Tmax. But I have never had a problem with a cage while on the Agility, as I have always followed the advice given to me by my older and wiser neighbor when I got my first bike at 14 - "ride like you are invisible and all the cages are out to kill you". It has worked for me for the last 40 years. I also don't venture far from home on the Agility or take it on roads with a speed limit higher than 45 mph.
"Reason takes a holiday as Dr. Horrible spends money he doesn't have, on a motorcycle he doesn't need, in a misguided attempt to recapture his youth which, upon reflection, wasn't all that great in the first place."
"Ride to the bar in your pirate outfit, guzzle some beer, play "Free Bird' on the juke box and then go home. Badass."
soboy is offline   Reply With Quote