View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #11
Yooper_Bob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
Having worked in dealerships, I'll give you an analogy: Suppose you walked into a diner with all of the fixin's for breakfast in a sack and asked them to cook your breakfast for you using them. Would you feel put out if they refused?

Like it or not, the shop usually covers the cost of opening the doors each day. It's up to sales to make a profit, and you bought over the internet instead of the dealer.

Now, there are independent places who will mount your tires for a fee. I have one nearby that charges 30 bucks if you bring the wheel to them, and it's cheaper if you buy the tire there.
The difference is, the diner actually has the food in the fridge and all ready to be cooked.

I hate buying stuff at a local dealer...they never carry anything, so I have to drive down there...wait while the parts guy digs thru several catalogs looking for the part I want...then, they have to order it, and say they'll have it in a week or so, so that means a second trip to pick up the part.

Why should I have to go thru all that hassle, when I can do a 5 minute search of the internet, order the part online, and 3 days later its sitting on my front step.

Whether I purchased the tires at the shop or not, the point is, they had the chance to do some paying work (I did not expect them to mount the tires for free), and could have potentially earned a new customer.

Business must so good that they don't need any extra work.
Yooper_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote