View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 01:22 PM   #17
herman maire OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by dokerty View Post
I have the same bike, stumbled across it a while back. been in the shed for some time, took a while to get required parts together. seat tank etc.
I have started to take it apart lately. got engine parts from Peter Knight in the uk. www.rotax.co.uk gaskets, etc.

Looking for some one to rechrome the forks for me at the moment.

What are the plans for your bike? full restoration?
I am still not sure of my bikes history, wheter it was an original gs dual sport or off road only, so not sure of direction yet.

I need to get my hands on head bearings and fork seals, any ideas?

Dokerty,

Cool, is your bike the same year as mine ( 1982 ) ? What was the condition of your engine like? Other than a new piston and a bore, my engine appears to be in perfect condition.

Is there damage/wear on your front forks pistons? I honestly dont know if you can rechrome them, I am sure other members on this forum would know. I would be curious to know also, luckily the chrome on my front fork pistons are in great condition. I am going to have the lower front fork body's anodized .

Another member posted link earlier in my tread that appears to have quite a extensive amount of vintage KTM parts, have a look
http://enduroklassiker.com/artikel/

I am doing a full restoration on my bike but not to the point where you dont want to use it, I am starting to really, really like this vintage Austrian bike. I honestly dont know if my bike was originally a dual sport or off road model but I am going to restore it to be a Dual sport, its just much more fun to be able to drive to the trails VS having to put the bike on a trailer.

Post some pics of your bike when you get a chance.

herman maire screwed with this post 08-16-2012 at 01:30 PM
herman maire is offline   Reply With Quote