View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #111
arjones
Roads and Waves

Oddometer: 176
Laugh what a coincidence!!

Bob and "Reverse Gear"

"
Bob was just as passionate about the KTM as I am. We had a good time discussing the different mods to each others bike. It was the only KTM 990 w/Safari Tanks spotted all trip. They are a British couple coming back from Prudhoe Bay. They have ridden over 60,000 km and also did the southern tip of South America.
"

First of all, I'd like to say your "ride report style" is the best ever. Amazing photos, plus texts only when it's really necessary and well written too.

Believe me or not, on the first days of January/2012 I was riding out of El Calafate, south Patagonia (going back home in northeast Brasil), and I had a little chat with this couple. They were happy to talk in English for a change, since they were far from home for quite some time and struggling with the Spanish. And to find them here in your RR? This definitely proves to me that this advrider forum stuff is really amazing.

Also is important to say that his wife is not only his "reverse gear", but helps him to throw his leg over his bike (I saw it and it was an example of "team work" right there) I don't want "to hijack" your thread, but when I get home I'm gonna looking for some photos I took of them, just to check with you they are the same couple (well, I'm pretty sure they are)

Anyways, congrats on your photo work man, it's really beautiful. And if I could write a RR some day, I would do it the way you do it.

Thanks for sharing.

Arjones.
arjones is offline   Reply With Quote