View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #150
soldierguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 452
I love threads like this. This is the kind of stuff I ponder while I'm on road trips.

- '05 Daelim Forte 125cc scooter: I'd buy another in a heartbeat if they were sold in the US (I had mine while I was living in Korea). Fun, quick, practical, and 70 mpg when treating the throttle like an on-off switch.

- '08 Hyosung Beaver 125cc scooter: Another Korea-only scooter. I'd buy one again just because of the name.

- '08 MV Agusta Brutale 910S: Absolutely brilliant, stunning bike, but I don't think I'd buy another. It made me smile and laugh every single time I rode it, and I loved it to bits, but honestly...it was way too much bike for me. If I can wheelie a bike accidentally and at virtually any speed, I probably shouldn't be riding it. Plus even though the riding position was relatively upright, due to some bad neck/spine problems, it got to the point where I could only ride it for 10-15 minutes before pain set in. That's not the bike's fault though. My experience with the Brutale, although positive, is what keeps me from buying an Aprilia Tuono V4R APRC ...that V4 engine would be amazing, but it would probably kill me.

- '09 Aprilia Dorsoduro: That thing was stupid amounts of fun. I'd buy one again...if I can get my neck fixed. Either the Dorso or a Ducati Hypermotard.

- '11 BMW F800GS: Nope. Good bike, no doubt. But it was very sensitive to crosswinds...any winds, really...at highway speeds. I'd get blown all over the highway even in mild winds, and if I'm getting blown all over the highway I'd rather it happen in a car with tinted windows. Anyway... The BMW was kinda like riding a dishwasher...the whole experience was kind of antiseptic. No passion, nothing about the riding experience was much fun. Not bad in any way, just not much fun.

- '11 Moto Guzzi Stelvio: Yes. No doubt. She's heavy pushing her around the garage, but at even a walking pace, the pounds melt away. Grab her by the scruff of the neck and toss her around like a big dirt bike, and she's a blast. She talks to me when I ride...loads of feedback, yet it's not sensory overload. Great shifter, great brakes, comfy seat, great wind protection (with the Givi screen), and she is definitely a looker, at least to me. And the engine sounds...pure sex (with an aftermarket exhaust can). It sounds like the Italians decided to build a V-twin for NASCAR.

'13 Yamaha Super Tenere - my dream bike
SOLD: '13 Wee-Strom, hacked, re-geared, Ohlins suspension
My Wee-Strom Hack

soldierguy screwed with this post 08-16-2012 at 08:36 PM
soldierguy is offline   Reply With Quote