Thread: Honda PCX 150
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #97
sendler
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 712
I rode my new PCX150 around some tonight and I am very happy with it. I normally ride a CBR250R which is a great high speed minimal touring bike but I also wanted a super light automatic to teach people how to ride on and the zero down financing made it easy for them to hook me again.
Have you ever noticed how when you switch bikes, it is easy to pick out the things the new bike doesn't do as well as the first bike? Well I'm not noticing too much wrong with the PCX. It is pretty dialed in all in all, especially the PCX150 which is quite a bit quicker than the 125 I rode las week. I also think the seat slants you forward less. I may not even end up modding it much. It is that much faster than the 125. There is a strange freedom from thought riding a low powered, super light automatic. floor it and follow the road. Below 10 mph the small wheels are a bit too quick to turn in but once up to speed the PCX feels very well balanced. No head shake or wobs. The combined brakes stop nice and even. and it even looks cool enough that people don't automatically dismiss it as a scooter.
sendler is offline   Reply With Quote