View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #5
Hill Climber
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
gpx2img and other maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsue View Post
I have a question, when I load a new gpx2img map into my garmin 376 from mapsource, it deletes the previous map set.

I use gpx2img to connect 15 to 20 tracks into a single track and this works great, however I also want my detailed county roads maps which I get from either city nav or from "roads and Rec".

Is it possible to load both.

thanks
It sounds like you're only loading the gpx2img map to your gps only, using mapsource. You have to send all the maps you want at one time. What I mean is when you've opened mapsource and your gps is connected to your computer, use the drop down menu and open the GPX2IMG MAP, highlight the entire map of the track you want load with Map Tool. It should now be displayed in the left column. Use the drop down menu again, pick the next map you want i.e. city navigator or roads and rec, highlight the areas you want and they too should be shown in the left column in mapsource. Hit the Send to Device button and all the maps in the left column will transfer to your gps. Once the magic is performed, disconnect your gps. Turn it on, Tap Tools, Settings, Map, Map Info, and check off the maps you want displayed, including the transparent map of gpx2img. Back out of the menu and View Map. You should have the gpx2img map overlaying the city nav or roads and rec map.

You should be able to send the gpx2img map data to an sd card from your computer using mapsource. The image on the sd card will be in a folder named "garmin" and the image will be named "gmapsupp"
Put the sd card in the gps card slot, and follow the above directions fo display the gpx2imp map as well as the city nav or other map you want. This should work if you haven't erased the original map you have on the internal memory of your gps.
Hope this helps....

Hill Climber screwed with this post 08-17-2012 at 12:04 AM
Hill Climber is offline   Reply With Quote