View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #14
SixtyAte
Daily Dirt Commuter

Oddometer: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
That's way way way too much air pressure for the MT 21!! That's a lightweight bike, 18-22 is plenty! Make sure you put the front tire back on proper, axle bolt 1st, the bounce the suspension, then the pinch bolts. If done on the wrong order, this could cause the shake at speed!

Life is good!
Yep your right on. I started at max pressure and I'm working my way down. I'm at 25psi now. I redid my axle, with a bounce. I didn't have the torque wrench out and snapped the stud on the pinch bolts. The nut on the stud had marred from just using a wrench on it. I replaced the top two studs with bolts and lock washers. This is the third time I have broke a bolt on the bike. Probably my fault every time. Fortunately I work at a shop so I just add stronger stuff. The death wobble went from 55 to about 62 which is where it was before. I don't know if it is from tire pressure or minor adjustment to axle, but all is well.