View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 06:56 AM   #257
wilmar13
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8toilet View Post
Yes it looks fine @ 45mpg, who's KTM gets that? (Bring on the three guys who will claim their bikes do, it's not the rule it's the exception.) I couldn't find much on the RC8 consumption numbers but I did see 35mpg at constant throttle. If it's detuned it should get slightly better mileage. I would think 42-43mpg at constant throttle. Ride it hard and it will probably drop to normal KTM 36-38 I think I can get my SE down in the high 20's if I try.

Since its fuel injected the 24 liters is probably not usable capacity with pump and filters. I think it will be a nice bike and a good alternative for folks looking for a Multistrada with more dirt capability. Maybe I'll buy one once the bugs are squashed, it only took me 7 years to try the 950.....

It would make a nice two-up tourer with the misses. Combined we weigh in at 270lbs, I bet 150hp would move us around nicely.
I get 45mpg on my rc8... The dual spark engine is more efficient than the original rc8. See post 80 in this thread.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=80

I was on the fence between MTS for practicality and jack of all trades attributes, but chose the rc8 for many reasons (including sexiness and brand appeal to me over Ducati douchiness). The engine is actually a gem, with really smooth and tractable torque through the entire rev range, noticeably better than the multistrada. Even without detuning, this will make a great power plant for adventure bike.