View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 520
Track request - obdr route 3

Hello All,

Obviously I am quite new to the adventure scene (not motorcycles) and am looking for a little help. If this has been answered just point me in the right direction (couldn’t find it using search).

I am planning a pretty epic trip in a few months but I want to take a short practice run. I am going to do Route 3 of the OBDR (Crown Jewels) from HooDoo Ski area down to California. I just bought a Garmin 60CSx (and a DRZ amongst other things) and would like to upload a route that shows the trail and fuel waypoints. I DID purchase the hard copy map but I have heard that it is not quite spot on so I was hoping to upload someone’s RECENT trip that I could just follow. I would also have to stop and frequently pull out the map which I don’t want to deal with. I want to complete the ride in 2 nights / 2-1/2 days (one way) of riding (down to Ashland, OR). IF I had more time I would figure it out myself but I also want to learn how to use this “new to me” GPS.

I will be leaving on September 7th if this has any bearing on what roads/trails are useable. Thanks for the help!! If I ever learn how to make my own tracks on the GPS I will pay it forward!
Romanousky is offline   Reply With Quote