View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #33
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by danketchpel View Post

I'll take my motorcycle riding with the pure and direct experience it is supposed to be. I don't even like Yamaha's interference in direct throttle control with their ride by wire programming on the S10.
That's fine. You can disable it with a 15c fuse. However my feeling is it was done because of a few (thousand?) people complaining about EFI "snatchiness" so they de-snatched it a bit. Maybe a bit too much. The whole emissions thing may be a part of it, as YAMAHA designed the bike for the next set of standards. May have had the marketing department asking for a more "slide carb" feel while the tech heads were thinking that would make the emissions thing easier as well.
Some who have disabled it put it back to standard as it was getting a bit much for them. An off option would be good I suppose.

And yes there is no substitute for getting to know the dynamics of a "RAW" bike. totally agree. I still prefer to have this stuff around. I am not always 100% switched on myself, especially when tired, distracted or just plain out of practice.

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote