View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #12
strongmendieyoung
KLR Lover

Oddometer: 500
The Not Quite Mike Ride

This ride will leave the Black Bear Resort Parking lot at 930 AM Friday Morning...

This ride will be much the same style ride as the legendary KTM Mike Rides of the past. Don't expect your leader to have the same skillset as Mike, but do expect plenty of deep gravel, steep gravel, twisty pavement, and awe-inspiring views. EDIT:.......Due to the bad health of my KLR, this ride may be a little more street oriented. I'll be on my bigger, faster bike, which I don't have as much gravel time on.

The ride will look a lot like this:

We will not hit the BRP. If you want to hit the BRP, I will give you directions and you can ride 30mph behind a line of mini-vans until your head explodes.

Ride will follow the rules laid forth above by KTM Mike. We will use the relay system. No rider will be left behind. We will have fun.

This ride will be small adv bike friendly, big adv bike friendly, supermoto friendly. Tires (or rider capability) should be gravel/street ready. Fuel range should be at minimum 75 miles (just in case). We will use the relay system. No rider will be left behind. We will have fun.

I will plan on making a couple of gas stops where folks can do things like get gas, pee, grab snacks etc. The ride will be planned to see and ride as much of the beautiful local scenery as is efficiently possible. I do like to eat, so a quick stop at a burger/BBQ joint may be in order, but it will not be top priority. We will use the relay system. No rider will be left behind. We will have fun.

More later......

Jason

strongmendieyoung screwed with this post 04-26-2013 at 03:36 PM
strongmendieyoung is offline   Reply With Quote