View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
HighFive OP
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,707
Bergs Over the Rainbow

My first glimpse came about 10 years ago. I stood on the path and felt its magnetic pull. So strong did it tug me, I nearly forgot that which held me at bay. But, the wanderlust could not be quenched. Colorado's famous Rainbow Trail had my number and dialed it often. Got in my head….the way on old song won't get out. It simply drove me crazy. Insanity is my defense.

I was compelled to meet a stranger on the internet, and travel 2,000 miles for a rendezvous. Risking my life just to gauge the bravado of his riding skills (Highfive Cascade Tour). Purely selfish reasons, I freely admit, as I desperately wanted a good wingman to ride Over the Rainbow, and check those pots on both ends. I hear there's plenty of gold to share.

All my Adventure regulars were sitting this one out. Some waved a white flag; others threw in the towel. Not capable or unwilling, each had an excuse. But this mission demands both! Too narrow or high, too difficult or scary. Worthy points which could not deter me. Determined to scratch it off My List before turning 50, the hour glass was nearly drained. The Mountain was calling...

My search had stretched beyond months into years. A couple years of hunting and two more waiting, produced only one viable prospect on the DAY.

But one was enough, when its a Cyborg!

Let's roll...

Buckle up, its time to ride!

HF
Athena Big Bore Project
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote