Thread: Best Bear Gun?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #73
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel Garcia O'Kely View Post
I have no personal experience with the laser dot type sights, but I have a question for you guys - those two walking patrol - if they have to make an entry into one of those dark houses, will their daylight adapated eyes work well enough to see the dots? I've never really played with lasers in daylight much so have little notion of their effectiveness - which is I presume why there is also a backup sight.

Thinking generally about carrying a pump-gun - I guess if you have it slung on the backpack, minimal attachments would make it a lot faster on the "draw" I should think? Makes that Canadian shotgun look pretty ideal for that purpose. You guys use a scabbard strapped to pack or put it under pack straps in some way?
I have a shotgun scabbard on my Zombie backpack. And it has an 870 in it and I can draw it out of the scabbard pretty quick without taking the backpack off. I can probably get a aimed shot off in about >2 seconds with it. I liked it so much I bought a second scabbard for my .22 rifle....