Thread: Lance Armstrong
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #386
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWORBUST View Post
Lance was advised to give up which will ensure the evidence will never be presented. Case closed, so nothing comes out. His partner, his number one friend, the most loyal person he knows, and the person he dedicated two autobiagraphies to was going to testify under oath. George Hincapie, was going to get into details, but now he won't be heard.

It’s exceedingly rare for athletes to rat each other out for doping. It’s rarer still for someone with nothing to gain—that is, someone who isn’t Jose Canseco—to talk openly about a teammate’s drug use. When it does happen, it tends to be devastating. Even though Roger Clemens was ultimately found not guilty of perjury, his reputation was destroyed by Andy Pettitte’s declaration that the Rocket had told him he’d taken HGH. Hincapie’s testimony promised to be more extensive and direct, implicating himself as a participant—perhaps in exchange for a reduced suspension—in the alleged doping of Armstrong’s cycling teams. For a man who has called everyone who questioned him a liar and a fraud, this was an existential threat: The man he trusted most telling the whole world he cheated his way to the mountaintop.
1- we don't know what hincapie was going to testify. like pettite, it may have been "i think i heard...but i could be wrong." um, ok.
2- see highlights. i think lance cheated. to be as certain as you, i'd like to see a failed test or testimony from someone who has nothing to gain.
PoundSand is offline   Reply With Quote