View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #7
jdcross OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastredbike View Post
I've dealt with Dave and the staff at Anderwerks several times over the years. I always found their work to be very good, not cheap or especially fast, but competent and thorough. Obviously something went wrong here and I can only suggest fewer emails and more phone calls might have speeded up communications, but maybe not. There aren't a lot of dates in your account of the story but I know that shop gets busy in the spring and Dave is in the shop more than at his computer.
I have all the dates of each of my attempts to correspond but I was not wanting to go into as much detail as I already have.
I agree with you on the phone calls and if you can easily reach someone by phone it's usually faster and better.

Some people however are busy and I think Dave is one of them so rather than leave messages I thought email would be better to explain a problem and email can be read easily outside of business hours.

That said I'm sure I could have done a better job on trying to use the phone.

I do believe though at some point in dealing with one of these issues you know that it's going to be better to have a written record of communications rather than trying to remember what was said on the phone.

However I do think there is a responsibilty on a business owner to initiate contact with his customer where there is clearly something amiss and Dave has not made a single attempt to call or email me through this whole period.
It's the stonewalling that has esclated the issue.

Jim

jdcross screwed with this post 08-29-2012 at 08:30 PM Reason: spelling
jdcross is offline   Reply With Quote