View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 05:39 PM   #46
HighFive OP
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,707
Oooo…Arkansas Mountain…..oh yeah! I love that hill. Its like a good old friend to me. A real hidden gem of a hill. Its looooong and STEEP.

That's my brand new Bell helmet, by the way. Most comfortable helmet I've put on my head in years. My local Cycle Gear was closing out the 2012 models the week before this trip. I nabbed it for $150 off normal retail. I've not been comfortable in any motocross style helmet I've worn….until this baby! But, I digress.

On a clear day, you can see all the way to Arkansas. What a magnificent day to ride in the mountains!

My view is superb:

Cyborg's view…..eh…not so very much:

I had it all on video. When I got home, it was mysteriously gone. Hhhhhhmmmmm….

Oh well, the evidence is clearly indicated in this photo, even for the eyes of a snake.

Exhibit A: The straight line up thru the rocks on the left side of photo. That would be an "HF footprint"

Exhibit B: The crooked S-curve of a drunken hobo meandering thru the rocks on the…um…both sides of the path. That would be a "Cyborg footprint"

It ended in a complete airborne loop-out at least 4 ft above the ground to the landing in Exhibit C (previously shown).

Now, I'm not even going to try to speculate as to the explanation. I just realized that when Cyborg says he's going on a "Shake Down" ride, he really means it. Myself, well, I didn't even take a point.

How could this possibly happen on such a simply looking trail….what's as wide as blacktop spreader?

One simply answer: MSTIL

Here's the photo I took looking back up at Cyborg (from the earlier photo he showed looking down at me).

I leave Cyborg to fill in the rest of the details and resulting aftermath……before we even started the Rainbow Trail.

I can tell you he didn't seem to fond of the notion of riding back down off this hill.

Look hard and you can see Cyborg….the little dot in the middle of the road way down there.

Don't start sliding on this beast, it could get ugly!

HF

p.s. Oh yeah…..we got to meet this wild & crazy guy!

Very cool of him to hunt us down in the woods and surprise us like that.

p.s.2 We had another surprise visitor coming this night too. Though, he would not be as friendly as the last….
Athena Big Bore Project

HighFive screwed with this post 08-31-2012 at 10:19 PM
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote