View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 06:30 AM   #651
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,467
I have enjoyed this report journal so much. Great pics w/ thoughtful, descriptive commentary.

You mentioned how much effort it took to keep this thing up-to-date. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that appreciates that effort. Your travels were everything that an adventure should be, new places, stunning scenery, adversity and its defeat, sadness and joy, new friends, and, I hope, a feeling of accomplishing something very special.

Most of us will never have the opportunity to travel like you two. For me, living the adventure vicariously through your posts was a great escape from the responsibilities that sometimes weigh me down. I know that more than once I caught myself looking out the window w/ what must have been a 10,000 mile stare, thinking about your trip, imagining such an adventure of my own.

Looking forward to the next chapter, Matt & Kristen.

Thank you so much.

Roger

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote