View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #20
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,757
Cool2 Back to the future.................

OK......................................... Time to get this trip out to the masses. Thanx to all of you who posted up that your IN!

Been on the road for 16 weeks or soooo and think I'm ready to relate my thoughts now. Things and life have taken a BIG change for me as of late....... I'll try to keep it simple and just ketch up with the MANY pics, stories, adventures and people I met.

I pull outta the garage and point Desiree' WEST!!!!

As I posted before..... Sherri not sooo happy I'm leaving. After abouuut the 6week on the road timeline as usual she and I begin to drift apart.....

One of my closest friends and advisers Terry the Goldsmith sweeping as I leave in the rain....

Then it clears up...

Not much to report really.... due to wanting to get out to Diamond Lake, WA ASAP I was doing the Interstate drone sooo some of the only exitement was at toll booths. An example: I pull up to one in Indiana I believe and it wouldn't spit a ticket so I buzzed the toll guard somewhere deep in mission control- "Yes I'm on a bike and the sensor doesn't seem to see me... can you send me out a ticket?" "haha yeeees suure no problem sweety" we go back and forth for a few more seconds and as we talk I notice that this woman has a REALLY SEXY voice! Now I know I need to be careful of what I say but I am sometimes painfully truthful sooo I say "By the way... not to be disrespectful... BUT you sure have a SEXY voice!" ??? ooooh boy too late now. " Giggle giggle why THANK YOU!" Whoa that went alright glad I spoke up, that seemed to spread some happiness. On we go.........................

I get out into Illinois and hold up for the night at a Comfort Inn in Earlville after 730mi on the superslab, only to notice that my masterlink clip has flown the coop as I'm testing a new 17tooth front sprocket. I grind more material off the cover, add a new clip then down the road. Also do some rain shell repair as I've crashed so many times with it that the holes need more nylon repair patch. (yup I carry that too)

Break out the tools and start clearancing.....

Next morning I get up and spend 2hrs trying to edit this R/R kinda trying to put up what I'm really up to here, only to lose it all twice.... uuuugh!!! Welp must not be time yet, need some more thought I spose.
Nice jet streaks as I roll out near Paw Paw....

I get out on I-39 N bound and by the next fuel up I see the master clip has flown the coupe again....I grind some more then put on a smaller link from a diff chain... that works and I'm goood to go. As I head North I am bucking STRONG headwinds from the NE sooo I slow up and cross the grassy median (ya gotta love an enduro!) and head back to the last exit to take some back roads, man the superslab is as usual KILLING ME!.... I head due West on a county road and now have a nice quartering tail wind instead!^)- seeing rural America and feeling alot better.
I blow past some cruisers....

Aaah some dirt....

Hit Amboy Illinois with some brick streets... (yea I like brick roads... Don't you?)

Pull into the station and up pulls a lawnmower... gotta love a town like that!

Then hit up the Amboy Family Restaurant for some goood home cooking, told the waitress about self power and belief (she can't quit smoking) at least that's what she believes... Nope she can!

Then its back roads Northwest up into Minnesota where I hole up for the night in a Super 8 where I see a DR650 and a KTM 950m loaded for a tour... I notice ADV stickers on them and that the DR has a flat and is almost falling over. I prop it up with a cement block and catch some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's.

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 09-04-2012 at 03:19 PM
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote