View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #6
TonyBKK OP
Secret Soi Rider

Oddometer: 842
Back in the day I used to be a hiking and camping fiend, but I must confess that it's been years since I've cooked on a camp stove. My organizational skills obviously need work, but hey, we've got the whole summer for me to get my act together ;)

One of the things that is so much fun about a 5 year old is that almost everything is new, and you get to re-experience the joy and wonder of discovery through their eyes. Take Spaghettios for example- my son's new favorite food

They didn't have Alphabet Spagettios when I was a kid! I was (am) a bit shocked at how poor my son's reading and writing has become since he moved to the US. In Thailand I sent him to a good bilingual pre-school and he had his roman alphabet and Thai characters down pat and could write his name quite legibly. Since moving to the US he's just languished in day care, where they do arts and crafts but no reading and writing and for some reason his mom has stopped speaking to him in Thai... What a waste. Growing up bilingual would be such a plus! OK, rant over

I hope you will note that I do do my best to try and provide the little guy with a fairly healthy diet despite the occasional McD or can of Spagettios. That said, when you're traveling on the road the temptation to hit a fast food joint if often hard to resist.

Of course we must celebrate our first night under the stars with a proper desert- S'Mores baby!

Watch out little guy- that's a hot fire!

It's a trip how late it stays light in the midwest in July. I think we were cooking smores over the fire around 8pm and the sun doesn't set until after 9!

Yeah baby!

I told Kristhawee that this was his opportunity to practice clean eating before we get into bear country...

Well, it's a work in progress ;)

This kid sure can eat! He had a big dinner yet still managed to put away 4 smores without even getting sick

I must confess that I matched him smore for smore (I'm not sure I could even find marshmallows and graham crackers here in Thailand...)

Is this smore #4?!

Dang, posting these pics is making me hungry!!

Our leftovers are safely guarded ;)

Good night my prince. Sweet dreams!
2011 Kawasaki VERSYS!
2005 BMW K1200LT

TonyBKK screwed with this post 09-05-2012 at 07:44 AM
TonyBKK is offline   Reply With Quote