View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
jsalman93 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
Should I keep it, or sell it

Just got this piece of work at a swap meet for 100 bucks and thought that I had to have it. I went through all of the mental justification for buying this piece. Despite the problems with it, I threw the money down.

Caught on fire, needs a top end rebuild
Needs carb work including new float valves, needles, jets, etc as a lot of pieces are missing
No fairings
Electrical guts hanging out like a Samurai who killed himself in the name of honor
Gas tank rusted, dented, and then rusted again.

I don't have the money to make this a beautiful restore that it deserves to be, and I would really like a track bike, but upon talking to other inmates it appears that this bike is somewhat rare and desirable. I can say that it will easily take over 1500 bucks to repair it and that's about 1400 more than I would wanna spend. I'm in between selling it and getting another more feasible project, or making a track bike out of it and crashing it. Though I can do the same thing with a bike that I could fix up cheaper and more easily,

2006 Yamaha FZ6
1992 Suzuki Gs500e (in progress)

jsalman93 screwed with this post 09-03-2012 at 02:59 PM Reason: bad link to picture
jsalman93 is offline   Reply With Quote