View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #11
TonyBKK OP
Secret Soi Rider

Oddometer: 842
We made good time and it's still early afternoon and I'm keen to get to the campground and unload our stuff and then return to the park in the evening when the colors really pop, so we just snap a few more pics, drink some water, then jump back on the bike-

We were pretty lucky to hit the Badlands between heat waves. It can be crazy-hot there during the summer months.

Random pics taken as we ride the "short way" through the Badlands on our way to the White River KOA via the tiny little town of Interior-

Middle of the day the colors tend to be a bit washed out which is why I was keen to set up camp and return in the late afternoon.

Sometimes my Canon Powershot D10 surprises me though and does get the colors- I just set it on auto and let her rip-

I learned on this trip that KOA's come in many different flavors and it pays to do a bit of research. Some cater almost exclusively to the RV crowd and are quite dreadful, others are much more tent friendly. The White River KOA falls in the later category

As advertised- lots of trees, green grass, a nice cold pool, playground, slow as molasses WiFi (common to all KOA's I've learned), etc.

Ok, another quick rant- why can't my kid swim anymore?! He was a water baby from the age of 2 months and was swimming and surfing back in Thailand. WTF happened?!

From catching waves in Thailand at age 4-

To floundering in the deep end at age 5-

So I quiz the little guy about why he can't swim anymore and he tells me that, "There are no swimming pools in New York".

Who told you that nonsense??

"Mom"

Grrrr, ok, rant over. Our goal this summer is to get you swimming again!!

I thought swimming was like riding a bicycle... Apparently not... C'mon Kristhawee- you can do it!
2011 Kawasaki VERSYS!
2005 BMW K1200LT

TonyBKK screwed with this post 09-03-2012 at 10:45 PM
TonyBKK is offline   Reply With Quote