View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 07:05 PM   #58
stallspeed
n00b

Oddometer: 4
LC4 Main shaft bearing

Requesting assistance

After reading through all the pages, I realized that I'm not mechanically inclined to perform this task. I have an '01 LC4 SM with ~3,700 miles, and love it to death. I recently called my local KTM dealership and they said that they were going to have to split the case (no other way around it), and it was going to cost me approx. $900 big ones to have the job completed. I currently have the part on order.

I guess what I'm asking for is, if one of the many friendly helpful members on this site would be willing to help me do the main bearing replacement, I would be willing to compensate the individual for their valuable time, provide the tasty beverage of choice throughout the task, and would come and meet the person at their home or another location. I live in Pensacola, FL and would be willing to make the drive (whatever it takes, within reason ~8-9 hours) to keep my beloved LC4 SM. The last thing that I want to do is sell my bike because I can't afford the labor costs. I'm not even riding her right now, because I'm too afraid that the bearing is going to go.

If anyone is willing to help me out, it would really mean a lot. And then I wouldn't have to listen to my wife talk to me about how motorcycles and everything associated with it are costing us so much $. Thanks. Email me at ianstal@hotmail.com or PM me.
stallspeed is offline   Reply With Quote