View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 07:19 AM   #4904
Jon_PDX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvwalker View Post
Speaking of pics, so what if my trip pictures were taken with a point-and-shoot that didn't have geotagging?

This is slightly off topic from of all things Montana, but I stumbled on a BC (Win) feature that quickly Geotag's each of your non-Montana photos using a recorded track. Works best if your camera clock and Montana clock were somewhat in sync. Also best if pictures are organized into separate file folders that align to tracks (ie, trip1\day1, trip1\day2, etc). Simply highlight a track and select "Geotag Photos Using Track...". BC will auto-geotag each picture in the folder by matching the create timestamp with the track timestamp. There's options to "Import photo into BC after geotagging" and set an timeshift offset adjustment if the GPS and camera clocks were not exactly in sync. Suggest doing the geotag prior to creating an Adventure. Big time saving and slick feature....

Very cool.....thanks for discovering that!

You can do it in the current Mac version too.

Right click the track and select "Match photos to track" The screens are a little different but it appears to work the same way.

I did notice that it has a warning that the geotaging can not be undone. So I would suggest using copies of the photos especially if you have to do any time-shifting.

Jon...

Jon_PDX screwed with this post 09-05-2012 at 07:28 AM
Jon_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote