View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #2303
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifdickerson2006 View Post
I have my 500 exc remapped with the euro EXC map (which was done in west virgina before i shipped it to cali)and it has been great no issues at all.Removed smog crap put on exhaust turned up the idle and have had no issues, and the map switch does work(stock, mild, wild).I am going to be sweep riding on sep 22-23 for my cousin who puts on the yosemite dual sport rides twice a year and "Best Dual Sport Bikes" is going to be there, cant wait to meet them and bend there ear a little. Just went over to Carson City NV over Carson Pass(CA to NV) this weekend with my sumo set up and got 170 miles out of my clockwork 3.2 gl tank.I was averaging 70-75 mph. Everyones preference in final gearing, riding styles and terrain is also going to be a factor in the fuel mileage discussion.Overall I am very happy with the bike its the best I have ever owned. I am also very happy with the products I bought for my bike thanks to the info I gained here and vendors that are active on this site, Big thanks to HDB and Globetrottin for making well built and thought out products.

Ive ridden mine on the road a little,down some of the best sportbike roads aroung here in norcal,I can easily see why guys put the super-moto wheels on them,It seemed to start pulling nice at 70 and Im sure it would buzz to 100,really smooth and fun for a dirtbike.

The trails around here tend to be steep and tight,probably affects mileage compared to other areas,sometimes just getting up them involves lotsa work.

I have done some pre riding for www.ironman dualsport.com,out in the Nevada desert we went 800 miles in 4 days,hot each day, on the bikes at 6 in the AM and finish in the heat. I lost 9 lbs that didnt come back.
I rode my DRZe for that,came home and bought the 530,no mas wrestling a heavy bike in the rocks.

Whats the name of your cousin's dualsport business?