View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #2304
Stifdickerson2006
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
Ive ridden mine on the road a little,down some of the best sportbike roads aroung here in norcal,I can easily see why guys put the super-moto wheels on them,It seemed to start pulling nice at 70 and Im sure it would buzz to 100,really smooth and fun for a dirtbike.

The trails around here tend to be steep and tight,probably affects mileage compared to other areas,sometimes just getting up them involves lotsa work.

I have done some pre riding for www.ironman dualsport.com,out in the Nevada desert we went 800 miles in 4 days,hot each day, on the bikes at 6 in the AM and finish in the heat. I lost 9 lbs that didnt come back.
I rode my DRZe for that,came home and bought the 530,no mas wrestling a heavy bike in the rocks.

Whats the name of your cousin's dualsport business?
My cousins dualsport business is http://www.familyoffroadadventures.com/ this is just a side business for my family we do it for fun and if it makes a little money thats fine too.I have always been an offroad rider. started riding when I was 5yrs old, a few years back started getting into riding a little street riding in the summers just cause its so dry and hot where I live. I picked up a ducati monster and loved it, it actually helped me with soe of my offroad riding and vise versa. a couple years ago I got into dual sporting so I could ride more with my family instead of just offroad. so when the 500 came out i sold my Monster, my Atk ds, my klx 650 r ds, ktm 453 and bought the 500 with a sumo set up and dirt set up. takes a half hr to make it a street bike and it is very fun, in the tight twisties it would kick my ducatis ass.