View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #2306
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifdickerson2006 View Post
I have my 500 exc remapped with the euro EXC map (which was done in west virgina before i shipped it to cali)and it has been great no issues at all.Removed smog crap put on exhaust turned up the idle and have had no issues, and the map switch does work(stock, mild, wild).I am going to be sweep riding on sep 22-23 for my cousin who puts on the yosemite dual sport rides twice a year and "Best Dual Sport Bikes" is going to be there, cant wait to meet them and bend there ear a little. Just went over to Carson City NV over Carson Pass(CA to NV) this weekend with my sumo set up and got 170 miles out of my clockwork 3.2 gl tank.I was averaging 70-75 mph. Everyones preference in final gearing, riding styles and terrain is also going to be a factor in the fuel mileage discussion.Overall I am very happy with the bike its the best I have ever owned. I am also very happy with the products I bought for my bike thanks to the info I gained here and vendors that are active on this site, Big thanks to HDB and Globetrottin for making well built and thought out products.

http://stifdickerson2006.smugmug.com...IMAG0591-S.jpg

Didn't someone post on here that you couldn't use the cooling fan with the Clockworks tank???
Anyway, I put down my deposit on a '13 500EXC today
I am already scheming about a Baja Designs Squadron headlight (need to check on the stator output) and sumo wheels. I like the idea of the KTM rear wheel with the cush hub, and the lower price for a complete Warp 9 front wheel assembly. Has anyone seem them in close proximity so see how similar the rims look? In other words, would it be noticeable if you did that mix-n-match setup?

'13 350EXC-F
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote