View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #355
SauceSquatch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 251
To me it looks like a great bike for 95% paved and 5% dirt to get to your campsite... It's a big touring bike. A bunch of you guys are ragging on the bike for being too big and heavy but I don't think it's meant to replace the 990 at all, it's for the guys who want all the doohickey's that the Multistrada and BMWs have on a big ole touring bike.

I'm pretty new to KTM, picked up my 990 6 months ago and I don't have much dirt experience so this thing feels plenty big to me (and I've owned a Road King), I can't imagine trying to throw around that 1190 around in some dirt nor do I think they expect people to ride it that way. I mean hell, it doesn't even have a skid plate. Some of you guys can do some really impressive stuff with the 950/990's off-road I'm not there yet, but it definitely looks like the 1190 is meant to be loaded up and traveled on the slab.

I like that they are stepping up into the electronic suspension game, but to me it sounds like more shit to break :) I don't mind taking 10 minutes and setting my suspension before a trip.
SauceSquatch is offline   Reply With Quote