View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 06:14 AM   #29
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,643
Thanx NotLost Been thru Bend a couple times in the last feww years riding around the country.... next time I'm looking you up!

So I'd been helping out NomadGal with parts and stuff for her KLR Spirit, as she had shown up posting on KLRWorld as of late getting ready for her own cross country self discovery ride. I was looking forward to meeting her as well and had shipped my box of KLR goodies (85lbs worth) out to Waynes in Lewiston figuring I'd be helping out some likeminded travelers. Parepin would be swinging by too soooo I knew the parts would get used.

I rolled into Diamond lake just as the sun was setting, found Norris's camp on the hill and made acquaintances... Folks ask about where Ester (NomadGal) might be and I said I just received a txt saying she was holed up over near Grand Coulee for the night after a Loooonnng day and late start. After all it was the FIRST day of her new Adventure...

The next morning I rode down off the hill to where I had some cell signal, and waited at the turn off... not knowing when she'd be coming thru but thot I'd see. I waited then fired up Desiree' and went back toward the camp... as I near the end of the straightaway I see a single light in my rearview..... I turn around and go back... It's Esher I get to meet... Cool beans!Thot I had taken a picture of her as she pulled up... but nope.

So up to the camp we go and plans were made for all to go down to Norris's shop for a Tech day... now I knew that this was what this whole gathering was about... BUT I knew I had ALOT of tech to do once I got down to Waynes place in Lewiston and had a sneeking feeling I would be getting alot deeper into Esthers Spirit than just doing a Doohickey sooo as everyone made their way down off the hill, I went and found a better place to setup my tent...

Was a nice little climb with Desiree' to reach this overlook as well...

Everyone set up and working...

Thumbsup from Spokane Dave... Norris working, Debbie, Mark and Kirby (laying down) giving support....
NoSnowBob and Kirby...

Road to Adventure (Jerry), I Dunno (Shawn), and Dave S (Dave) shooting the breeze...

I decide to see if I can go find Becky who I met last year...
I see a nice little bar to get some grub and send her a txt... She swings by with Colt and Ruger... next thing I know I'm following her Cummins deeper into the North Idaho hills and to her place...

Colt and Ruger are her kids... you GOTTA love a chick who names her children after a pair of sidearms!^)- Colt comes ripp'n up on his Quad...

It needs some TLC and a few bolts sooo I dig into Desiree's spares and he and I gett'r done.

Becky and I share ALOT of views in this world... we sensed each other from afar last year when we had met in Starbuck and it pulled us together to share a beer, a dinner and many many thoughts.... as well as that energy we call unconditional love

Becky, Ruger and I then take a break to catch up on the trampoline... she's near the end of a divorce and shows me the BEAUTIFUL house her and her husband were building, such a wonderful thought out structure.... Dreams fading away.

Funny how we create these Dreams in our minds and then hope that they will come to pass.... only when the one your walking with shares the same Dream do they.... otherwise it was/is truly only YOUR Dream.
The time goes by too fast and I have to get back to Diamond lake... so I promise to be back in a few weeks and gear up to fly...

Colt does another couple donuts for us...

Then sets off to one side to say goodbye...

I ride North before turning West in this Beautiful valley.... I could spend some time here....

Anyway

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 09-07-2012 at 08:49 AM
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote