View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #36
TonyBKK OP
Secret Soi Rider

Oddometer: 842
It's getting late and it's been a long day. I originally was aiming for Spearfish but really don't like riding at dusk when it seems the deer are most active. Also, setting up camp in the dark is no fun- so we decide to hit Deadwood instead and ride the Spearfish Canyon in the morning when we're fresh and rested.

The ride to Lead and Deadwood was quite nice- fast road in good repair with little traffic, long sweeping turns and beautiful scenery along the way-

I've started to experiment with the camera and I'd like to think that some of the shots aren't half bad-

Both Deadwood and Lead are pretty cool old mining towns. Seems they are still mining in Lead, while Deadwood has been pretty much converted over to a full on tourist town.

Spotted a KOA on the road between Deadwood and Lead and stopped there for the night-

Remember how I said earlier that I thought KOA's were more aimed at the RV crowd? Well, this was one of those types. Not a very pleasant location or site, but nthe staff were friendly, it was late, we were tired, and at least they had nice clean bathrooms with hot showers, WiFi and much to my son's delight, a pool and hot tub-

I had spotted a funky looking Pizza joint just up the road in the direction of Lead so we decided to hit that for dinner-

That's MY beer, in case anyone is wondering

These crappy pics must have been taken with my iPhone...

Awesome pizza but a large was way more than we could finish- yippee! Pizza for breakfast!

This place was called "Pizza Lab" and was half restaurant, half "disco"- they had a big dance floor and an actual DJ spinning the records- weird funny place. There was a big group of students from France there that evening and my son had a really good time dancing with them. I may have busted a move or two as well, but thank goodness there are no pictures of that nonsense!

Cheers!

I'm full of pizza and beer- Little guy gets ice cream for desert!

Made it back to our campsite quite late and we both passed out in a flash- yet another full day of fun, adventure and discovery!

What will tomorrow bring???
2011 Kawasaki VERSYS!
2005 BMW K1200LT

TonyBKK screwed with this post 09-07-2012 at 09:10 PM
TonyBKK is offline   Reply With Quote