View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #142
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Oddometer: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankatz View Post
Anyone move from the DR350 to the CRF230L or has both? I am seriously thinking of going to a smaller bike mostly so that my wife can feel more comfortable. I also noticed the XT225 is very similar in specs - have no idea how the character is. Super sherpas are no where to be found. I like the reviews I read of the CRF. Any thoughts?
I picked up a left over '09 230L last April and have found it to be a lot of fun, esp up in the mountains of NC/TN/GA and on the Forest Service roads. I rode some 225/250's and an older KLR 250 and really liked the looks, fit and finish and "power" of the Honda better. I have a couple other dual sports, a DRZ that is mainly set up for dirt / single track, a KLR that I commute on and a new to me XR650R that I plan to motard and ride at the track and maybe make my DD (if I sell the KLR).

I stiffened up the preload, and added 1 washer to the needle (after the de-smog) and with the 6-speed transmission and low gearing it is a hoot to ride. Works fine for NC because the only roads I ride there are 2-lane, it would not make a Interstate cruiser. Seems very happy around 50-60 mph (indicated). My GF likes it very much and is very comfy on it - very confidence inspiring. She's had several bikes that were too tall or too much and seems to get along with the little Honda the best of all.

Good luck!
PineyMountainRacing is offline   Reply With Quote