View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #252
MrFurious
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwdoug View Post
tomorrow will suck, as for some damn reason they have us going thru cleveland on I90 for 65 miles.
I dunno whose idea that was.
I wondered how they were going to get you guys through Cleveland. I figured they would just have you stay on U.S. Route 6 even though that would take you through some shady areas on the east side. At worst I thought they'd have you take US-6 to I-271 which branches into I-90/OH-2 to get through the east side of Cleveland, then simply follow OH-2 when it branches off until it crosses US-6 on the west side of town so you could then run along the lake shore all the way to Sandusky. At least that way you would have only been on the interstate for about 18 miles.

Good news is that even during rush-hour the traffic on I-90 isn't bad in Cleveland. Worst case is you might get slowed up for a couple minutes at Dead-Mans Curve, but I never saw traffic come to a complete stop unless there was an accident when I was living up there.

BTW, there's a few spots along I-90 after the exit for Martin Luther King Jr. Drive where you can get douched if the waves on the lake are up (as can be seen in this clip at about the 2:10 mark).

MrFurious screwed with this post 09-07-2012 at 10:13 PM
MrFurious is offline   Reply With Quote