View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #7639
samppa2005
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Here is an old picture of the splash guard. The picture is not very good and i had to chop it a bit since but you get the idea. You can also see it in the pics i posted previously. A couple of things you need to do:

1. Cut off about 5mm from the sides because it rubs on the swingarm. (this is important. Not seen in picture)
2. Make a bracket for the chain guard. I used a piece of PEHD plastic to bend an L-shaped piece.
3. Bolt on the splashguard. If you are lazy just use self tapping screws I made the holes through and put on proper bolts.

Very easy and cheap after all!

As for the oiltank and underbelly there is the KTM/SW-motech "skidplate" you can get. It's expencive though at something like 200. And the design is somewhat suspicious. It's listed for the 990 but i'm 95% certain it'd fit the 950 as well. Can't think of a reason why it wouldn't http://www.ktmtwins.com/ktm-990-supe...o-t-skid-plate
I made a skidplate myself of 10mm PEHD plastic. It's not pretty but neither am i Fairly simple to make.

The thing that some people forget is that a supermoto is supposed to be able to go offroad. the 950/990 SM (not SMT/SMR) have a suspension travel of 200/210mm (front/back) and a standard version adventure has 210/210. So in that respect the only difference is the valving. Other then that it's just making sure things don't break when going offroad (skidplate. headers, .splash guard...). And yes ofcourse the wheel dimensions. Spoked 19/17 wheels would be optimal i think But running the 17/17 is just biasing it to the pavement.

samppa2005 is offline   Reply With Quote