View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #91
Downstater
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt699 View Post
Hey guys, I am new to this forum. I have been riding dirt bikes for a while and just got a CRF250L which is my first DS. I am a big fan of DIY modding and tinkering around with things so naturally I modded the exhaust with the help of my friend, check it out..

For all of you smokey bears out there I will be installing a spark arrestor in the near future. but overall it woke the bike up a bit and the EFI system seems to cope with it quite well. I want to modd the air box but not sure if I should wait to get a power commander before I go messing around too much. let me know what you gents think

oh yeah, and I can actually hear the bike at speed so I know what my RPMs are aroundabout.
I kept the stock baffle and just cut off the spark arrester but kept the pip long enough to still go into the back baffled plate in the muffler. It really gave the exhaust a nice sound without beig too loud, which is all I was looking for temporarily. And regarding the smokey the bear folks, I dont think any sparks will be able to get past that catalytic converter. Once a decent slip on is available I will be ditching the stock anchor and buying one. I also have talked to bazzaz and they plan on making a programmer for our bikes soon. All they have to do is change the wire lengths on their existing cbr250 programmer and make a new specific map for our bikes.
Downstater is offline   Reply With Quote