View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #7646
samppa2005
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6USMC6 View Post

Third: I lowered my 950 Adventure 2" front and back and the only handling problem I saw was dragging the foot pegs. If anything, it handled better and the suspension had the same travel as my SMR. Which by the way, has the same suspension as the SM. The only KTM Supermoto with shorter legs is the SMT.
Yes i wasn't exact. I was talking about the 990 SMR. The 950 SMR has the longer suspension travel as well. Lowering both ends shouldn't change handling much if it's done correctly.

My thought was that for the 990 sm there used to be a gel seat available that was the same as the stock only with gel instead of foam making it (if i recall 25mm lower). The aftermarket seats are usually made very comfortable and therefore wider as well. The stock with gel inside would be narrow, at least as comfortable as the stock and a bit lower. I'm sure someone has tried that and can say something about it.

Honestly i'm dreaming of longer suspension travel and a higher bike so i shouldn't say anything about lowering a bike I'll shut about that now.
samppa2005 is offline   Reply With Quote