View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #376
Navin
Unwounding

Oddometer: 6,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbarlow View Post
And if they would have asked how to take 75 pounds off without weakening the bike while. keeping the cost under $40k?

I don't want a BMW/Ducati/Triumph/MG/Yamaha: but I could be interested in a KTM version of them.
I said 50-75, and with all the R&D I think 50 would be a good target rather than what they came up with!

They could have moved more towards the SE as a start, single exhaust and put $ into weight loss rather than 150 HP, no? The LC-8 was awesome, ten years ago! Look at development in their own EXCs and Husabergs as far as simplifing and weight loss. I'll bet the engine could drop 20lbs easily with new castings and SOHCs. It could also have dropped in displacement and made 100 HP too. A reinforced plastic subframe fuel tank fed thru a thin front tank would be a good start. Husaberg 70 degree style airfilter you don't need to dig thru 20 bolts top get out. I could go on but nobody would want less rotating engine mass and a 400ish lbs bike that was easier to service, right?

They targeted the brands I mentioned, but those brands don't build anything that interest me. The last thing on my list of wants is 150 HP, been there and don't need it. Useless numbers on a street/dirt machine.
Navin is offline   Reply With Quote