View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #7648
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
Problem is that the stock seat pan is so high that you can't take much foam out. I think I will get a Corbin, which is supposed to be 3/4" lower than stock, but everyone else who does seats tells me they can't do much with the stock seat and keep it comfy. I don't do short rides. Ever. Minimum, one full day....prefer a weekend to a week. Bike's gotta be comfy.
The SMT seat will not fit onto an SM. Different tank, spoilers, tail etc. I wish it would. I test rode the SMT at Indy and loved the seat....didn't like the FI though, not nearly as smooth as the 950's carbs.
I think Seat Concepts will make you a lower seat but with firmer foam. My firm foam SC seat is very comfortable. Corbin seats are hit or miss, the one on my 650L is an all day rider, the one on my Buell I almost gave away, $100. Like 6USMC6 says, they lower it and then make the seat top square and wide and you feel even further from the ground.

KHVol screwed with this post 09-09-2012 at 02:25 AM
KHVol is offline   Reply With Quote