View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #140
hyena
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 739
I just bought a Neotec to replace my aging C2. Figured I get a C3, but apparently they changed the shape of the shell, because it didn't fit my head.

Anyway, the Neotec fits great. I had a ride to the dealer (175 miles each way) yesterday, and figured from the forecast I'd be riding in some bad storms, so Thursday night I installed the pinlock visor. No experience with them. Just follow the instructions. Pretty easy. And the best part, it worked great. I rode in regular rain the first 30 miles in the morning - no fog up, with the visor tightly closed. Then just after I left the dealer a little after 4:30pm, I rode through the worst stuff I've ever ridden through. I've ridden through many bad storms, including hail, but always punched through it in about 10 or 15 minutes. I was in this crap for an hour. About half the cars pulled off the interstate, and at times I was down to first gear just trying to continue making forward progress to punch through the front. The pinlock shield worked great. No fog up, no leaks with the helmet. The directions say not to ride at night with it, because light transmittance is only 80%, but it was near dark by the time I got home, and visibility was no problem.