View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #14248
refokus
Just Learning

Oddometer: 2,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKip View Post
The stock handguards don't offer much in the way of weather protection, and I haven't found any "spoilers" or extensions for the factory ones.
The bike has a Kaoko throttle lock installed and I was wondering if there are any other handguards (Barkbusters, touratech, etc) that will work with the Koako and give better protection in a blizzard?
I am in the same boat here, I need to get some hand guards for pretection. I hit a tree here about 6 weeks ago and shattered the left side hand guard. I need something to protect the clutch lever and hopefully my hands. I am leaning toware HDB or Cycra guards but just have not made up my mind. I had the HDB guards on a different bike and I like them, I just don't like the price. The Cycra guards I run on my 450 and they have paid for themselves many times over. I will search this thread for the highway dirt bike guards, I think someone already put a material list together. If someone finds it before I do, please post the page it is on. The search feature is not friendly to me on this forum.