View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #389
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant666 View Post
If the actual manifestation of the 1190 adventure proves to be more powerful (i sure could use 150hp on long hauls) and lighter than the 990 I don't get why you re against it...especially considering the fact that they will give you the option to reduce that monstrous power to 100hp for off roading....(I'm also very intrested to see how the front ABS-on read ABS-off will be in off roading...in theory it should be great)....]
You say "1190 adventure" but more precision is useful as that to me sounds like the street oriented bike, or did you mean the R?

No objection here to the 1190 adventure making 150hp. This seems to be the bike that KTM is trying to make to compete with all the bikes that keep winning the 95% pavement adventure shootouts. If you re-read I was referring to the 1190R version where I was wondering why they didn't opt for more of a distinction between the two offerings, say a 790R twin 410 pounds wet 90hp 21"/18" kind of deal.

I personally just can't see a lot of need for the R version to make that kind of hp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goti View Post
For the R. Non-R is 19" front. Not sure what the rear is, 18?
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote