View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 01:42 AM   #3
biggles0449
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Jackets

Hey Angelo, nice find! Nice to have a few options for custom jackets.. be nice to know how these ones stand up to battle!

Did you speak to Patsy about the ones she had made for Desert Rose? They're pretty tough with loads of pockets and removable arms, so it converts into a vest.

I would definitely recommend them, if 2 improvements were made:

The stitch strength needs to be alot tougher, and tied off more often. I found that after my jacket having done Dakar Rally and then Tuareg.. the stitching along the zip tapes [up front and around the shoulders to attach arms] was letting go.

There should be strong elastic connecting the sip tape to the jacket on the shoulders, to allow for some stretch.. i have quite broad shoulders, so it puts a bit of pressure on the stitching, which doesnt help the durability, especially in a crash.

As for toughness, the material used is excellent, withstands reasonable offs on gravel, brushes thorns etc aside with no bother and the material breathes well. The option of vents on the front of the shoulders is a nice touch and with 2 large front pockets, 2 or 3 rear pockets and an inner map pocket, hidden behind your main zip baffle, then the storage options are massive!

Final option is the choice between having a cut for neck brace or a collared jacket.

The bonus with this jacket is its made in Holland and is fully design customisable.. i think they came in at around 250 euro.. if youre interested i can find out the manufacturer..