View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 01:56 AM   #5
Brodovitch OP
Team ⌘R

Oddometer: 3,171
Thanks guys,

Troy, I came across Garry's reference to the Sprint in his 570 prep thread, also remember him sporting one in Albania in '11 (?), obviously with the events I have in mind (Albania Sardegna and Serres) I need something really lightweight, temperatures at all 3 events should be around 30-35 degrees, I'll try and get a hold of Garry for some input.

Agree about ordering more than one though (the prices are cheap and certainly allow it), I got the same impression on their durability being comparable to an MX jersey (I shredded two in 5 days of Serres, and that was without any major falls / slides... just foliage damage)

Re: the Kenny jackets, all I seem to have been able to find are in Enduro weight cordura type fabric, not been able to find a lightweight / MX jersey comparable fabric like the pros use in the Dakar

Ben, I had a long chat with Patsy in Serres, and completely forgot to ask her about the DRR jackets , though to be honest I think they are a bit more heavy in terms of fabric than what I had in mind, all Desert Rose racers were wearing them as vests in Serres, a few with the front zipper lowered as well... so, a bit too hot for me. I will however replace my Desertika with a DRR jacket for cooler temperatures as soon as they become available... any further info appreciated, thanks!

Brodovitch screwed with this post 09-10-2012 at 02:01 AM
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote