Originally Posted by troy safari carpente
It seem's to me that the Kenny range of jackets/mx jeans etc. are made of the industry standard cordura/nylon fabrics more commonly used for offroad/enduro clothing... I assumed that the form/fitting lightwieght Kenny "Dakar" jackets/jersey that Despres/come and the other KTM factory pilots have sported the last couple of seasons are some sort of "special" that they have made up for the specific purpose... only the Kenny brand and sponsor logo's are put on in the teams regi. But a "production version" for the masses...? I haven't found one or heard mention of it either...?
No, you are totaly wrong !
1. The KENNY handmade rally jackets are made from very thin cordura, not like the KENNY rally jackets they sell in the catalogue.
2. Cyril Despres and all the other riders which you can see in the Dakar pictures ( or other rallies ) have the same jackets from the same material ! Cyril has his for shure a special design, you can see on the last Dakar jacket a second big pocket on the back for a second camel bag ( USWE ).
3. All these jackets are made extra for any who wants his own design and a very light summer rally jacket with 5 pockets outside and 4 pockets inside. And a leatt brace neck. No removable arms.
4. I think 50% of the Dakar riders last year had a handmade KENNY rallyjacket.
5. In 2013 i will be able to produce also handmade pants for the jackets also.
6. This is not a seller forum so contact me via email: email@example.com